Online Kindergarten Registration
Kindergarten registration for September 2019 begins January 18 for the 2019-20 school year.
This year, our school is excited to be one of the pilot schools in the Board offering online registration for Kindergarten.
Children who turn four or five years old during 2019, live within the school boundary and whose parents are public school tax supporters will be eligible to register for kindergarten.
If you, or someone you know, is registering a child for Kindergarten at our school, you can access the online registration information at bit.ly/KindergartenYRDSB. Please note that for this pilot, a laptop or desktop computer is strongly recommended, rather than a mobile device.
Families are still welcome to register in person in the school office. Registration forms are available on the Board’s website at www.yrdsb.ca.
Prince Charles P.S will be hosting an information night on Thursday, January 17th, for anyone interested in the program in the Gym beginning promptly at 7 PM. This is a parent information night, and the school asks that you please find alternate care for your children. (The focus of this evening is to provide information to parents and guardians about the program, transportation, etc. There will not be activities or information for children).
The school will have members from the current French Immersion program at Mazo de la Roche PS (where all students will attend for FI from grades 2 – 8) including Students, Teachers, School Council and Administration. Also, the school will have members from the YRDSB Planning Department, their YMCA Before and After-school Care, as well as a chance to meet some of the Prince Charles team.
Please follow the Panther Paws and signs throughout the school guiding you on how to find the gym but the school will also have student greeters at the front doors and the back (accessible from the school yard) as the meeting will be in the GYM.
To our community,
Our next school council meeting is scheduled for Thursday January 17, 2019 in room 206 starting at 7 p.m. in room 206. An accessible elevator is available if you require one.
Procedures and Operating Guidelines:
- Our collective work will focus on supporting student achievement and well being for each student at our school
- Meetings will begin and end on time
- All speakers and opinions will be respected (one speaker at a time, side discussions are to be kept to a minimum)
- We will strive for consensus in our decision making
- Individual students, parents and staff are not to be discussed (Refer parents or student issues to the teacher or principal)
– Welcomes and Land Acknowledgment
- Minutes from last meeting review and approval
- Admin report
- Fundraising committees/Subcommittees
- New items