It has been 3 months since our launch on September 2, 2014.
Can you believe it?
Now is a perfect time to celebrate the work we have accomplished collectively, including:
– Coming back to school in a brand new building.
– Developing classroom programs for our learners.
– Developing spaces for learning in our school.
– Establishing our first school council.
– Building collaborative culture with all of us.
– Working with our families in partnerships.
– Welcoming our youngest learners in our Full Day Kindergarten program
– Opening our Discovery Hub
– Beginning various committees including: Healthy Schools, EcoSchools and Parent Engagement
– Meeting our wonderful team
– Celebrating special events like Dot Day and Take Me Outside.
You can see even more examples of our work through our school twitter feed.
3 short months that have helped to create many memories.
December is a wonderful month for us to give thanks for all we have and we have much to be thankful for.
We look forward to the final 3 weeks of school in 2014.
Posted in Building Capacity, Building Collaborative Culture, Family and Community Engagement, Full Day Kindergarten, Learning Spaces, Learning Together, Meet our Team, Positive Climates for Learning, Relationships, Staff professional learning, Supprting our Learners, The Discovery Hub
We have been asked to share the following information from our board and the Learning Disabilities Association of York Region:
Understanding Learning Disabilities
Wednesday, October 8th, 2014
6:30PM – 8:30 PM
YRDSB Community Education Centre North
130 Carlson Drive, Newmarket ON L3Y 5H3
- what learning disabilities are
- advocating for a child/youth with LD
- supporting a child/youth to gain self-advocacy skills
- parent rights within the school system
- supporting a child/youth with transitions into secondary and post secondary learning
This is a free event – light refreshments provided
Free child-minding is available upon request
Please see additional information, including how to register, via this flyer