June 4, 2019
To our community,
This post is to inform you that at last night’s Board meeting, a recommendation from the Board was approved by the trustees for my appointment to Lester B. Pearson Public School effective September 1, 2019. The Board also approved the appointment of Ms. Jennifer Burt as principal of Robert Munsch Public School effective September 1, 2019. Ms. Burt brings with her extensive experience having worked in different communities and roles throughout our board. Please help me in welcoming Ms. Burt to our community.
On a personal note, I want thank our students, staff and community for making the past five years so enjoyable and memorable at our school.
To our community,
Our school has signed up for the #Don’tTrashTech initiative. Families can drop off tech that they otherwise would throw out to local Best Buy Stores.
Information can be found in these two flyers:
A reminder that our final School Council meeting of this school year meets this Thursday May 23, 2019 at 7 p.m. in room 206. An accessible elevator is available if you would like to access one.
Procedures and Operating Guidelines:
- Our collective work will focus on supporting student achievement and well being for each student at our school
- Meetings will begin and end on time
- All speakers and opinions will be respected (one speaker at a time, side discussions are to be kept to a minimum)
- We will strive for consensus in our decision making
- Individual students, parents and staff are not to be discussed (Refer parents or student issues to the teacher or principal)
– Land Acknowledgement TBD
Welcome & Introductions All
– April Minutes/ Review Action Items Co-chair(s)
– Admin Report Mr. Collins
– Events, committees, planning for next year
- Treasurer report
- Pizza; need to discuss who will be taking over pizza Pizza Committee
- Loose change challenge- assembly prep
- Volunteer Tea
- Teacher Appreciation Tea
- Fundraising ideas for next year
- School Plan : 3 Ms and Indigenous Education and Equity