We are so lucky to have such fabulous fall weather this week! I hope you enjoy a fun long weekend with family and friends. Just a few updates….
- We have rescheduled our Meet the Teacher evening for Thursday Oct 17th 5:30 – 6:30. At this time we are unable to host the BBQ portion, but hope to re-book this in the spring.
- Oct 21st – PA Day, no school for students. YRDSB staff system-wide will be engaged in professional learning connected to equity themes.
- Edsby – articles have been posted on Edsby, please call the office if you need help accessing your account
- School Council – next meeting Oct 17th 7:00 PM
- Monster Mash Dance – Oct 24th 6-8 PM $10.00 at the door
- We will be moving to Edsby communication following Thanksgiving weekend
We are enjoying fabulous fall weather and many classes have been going to fall walks to the park. Just a few updates:
- This Friday Oct 11th is our first Spirit Day – students (and staff) are welcome to participate in Fun Hat/Hair Day
- Oct 24th 6-8 PM – School Council is hosting a Monster Mash Dance – details regarding a colouring draw will be coming home
- Wrist bands – we have purchased red paper wrist bands to be used if a student has had a minor head bump. This will help notify all staff that the student has been seen at the office and while they are fine to return to class, they did have a head bump earlier in the day.
- Thank you to our office staff and parents for ensuring our first pizza day was a success!
- Beginning next week I will be sharing community information through Edsby. If you have any questions/concerns please call our office.
- We are looking for school lunch assistance – please let use know if you are available/interested.
- Our next School Council meeting is Thursday Oct 17th – all are welcome
Good afternoon – we have three reminders/updates…..
- We are excited to share with you a program that is now available to our school. Some of you may have heard about ColorCycle. This is a program available through crayola that will take ALL markers – at no cost to us- and recycle them into new materials – keeping millions of markers out of our landfills.
We have bins where staff and students can deposit old markers. To support this initiative we welcome you to bring in used markers and we can add them to our bins.
Learn more at http://www.crayola.com/colorcycle
2. Reminder that our BBQ Curriculum Night has been postponed – both the BBQ and the classroom portion are postponed.
3. Please see the link for a update letter from York Region District School Board. FINAL CUPE Strike Notice Bulletin