FIRST DAY PROCEDURE
Our school day starts at 8:10 am for all students. Outside supervision begins at 7:55am. Similar to previous years, for our grade one to three students, please meet at the back of the school. Tables will be set up with class lists for staff to let you know your child’s teacher. Please find your class and meet your teacher. Pylons with teachers’ names will also be set up to help find classroom teachers. For our senior kindergarten students, please go to the kindergarten yard at 7:55am. Please note daily after school supervision is from 2:40 to 2:55 only.
7:55am – Outside Supervision Starts
8:05am – Entry Bell
8:10am to 9:00am – Period One
9:00am to 9:50am – Period Two
9:50am to 10:20am – Recess
10:20am to 11:10am – Period Three
11:10am to 12:00pm – Period Four
12:00pm to 1:00pm – Lunch
1:00pm to 1:50pm – Period Five
1:50pm to 2:40pm – Period Six
2:40pm – Dismissal
If your child has a medical condition that may require the administration of medication and/or a specific healthcare plan, please let our main office staff know as soon as possible. We strive to ensure our students are safe at all times. The only way we can achieve this is if parents/guardians share pertinent healthcare information. Please visit the YRDSB website to view the student healthcare plans. Please complete the relevant documents and provide prescription medication to the office. Not sure which form to complete? Please contact the main office at 905-473-0110 and we will gladly help! For your convenience, paper copies of the healthcare forms are available in the main office.
We are looking for community members to help out with supervision during our lunch hour (12:00 – 1:00). If this is of interest to you please call our main office 905-473-0110.
PARKING LOT BEST PRACTICES – PLEASE HELP CREATE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT BY FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINES BELOW
- Parents and guardians may park in the parking lot located on the east side of our school. No cars may enter the bus loop area.
- Please drive slowly and safely through the Kiss and Ride
- Park your car only in designated parking lot spots (not the Kiss and Ride area, curbs, caretaker’s loading area or, parking in ways that block other vehicles). If you want to walk your child to the entry areas you must park your car in the parking lot spots. It is very important that you do not park, or stop for extended amounts of time, in the kiss and ride area as this causes a backlog of vehicles.
- If you are using the kiss and ride area please pull up, allow your child to exit your car and then drive away slowly. Supervision begins at 7:55 a.m. at our school in the Kindergarten areas, bus loop and main yard. We recommend dropping your child off ahead of the 8:05 a.m. entry bell between 7:55 a.m. and 8:05 a.m. This also helps balance the amount of traffic in our parking lot.
- Allow yourself adequate time in the morning and afternoon to calmly and safely drop off and pick up your child because the parking lot area can be very busy.
- Ensure all traffic signs are followed. Do not park at the curbs of the parking lot.
- Remind your child to use the designated crosswalk areas so they do not cross into any traffic areas in our parking lot.
For students who take the bus to school. We are committed to ensuring the safety of students when they travel on the bus.
It is important for students to understand that riding the bus is a privilege. They must behave appropriately on the bus, in a manner which is safe for themselves and for the other children on the bus. Behaviour that distracts the bus driver is unsafe.
Students are expected to:
– Remain seated at all times (except when getting on or off the bus)
– Speak in a calm tone of voice
– Keep all belongings, food and water bottles inside their backpack/school bag;
– Be responsible for their actions and the consequences of their choices.
In accordance with Board Policy #680.0 Transportation to/from Schools, students are responsible to the Principal for their conduct on the bus. In the event of misbehaviour, bus transportation privileges may be withdrawn. We ask that you take a moment to discuss this information with your child, so that everyone will have a safe year on the bus. Thank you for your support and cooperation.
More information about bus routes and times can be found at www.schoolbuscity.com. Parents/guardians, it is important to remember your child’s bus number and pick-up/drop-off times.
Students who use bicycles to travel to school:
- Must wear a helmet.
- Must walk while on school property.
- Should lock bicycles on the bike rack
The school is not responsible for any lost or damaged personal items.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out by calling us at 905-473-0110. Our doors are open and we are happy to help.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3rd.
HAVE A SAFE AND FUN LONG WEEKEND!