Today is support staff appreciation day and we want to extend thanks to our support staff at our school. Educational Assistants support our school’s work and the work as outlined in our board’s Special Education Plan. Our team includes Mrs. Roffey, Ms. Gaudet, Ms. Thompson, Mr. Cote, Ms. Kaufman and Ms. O’Leary. Our staff have a variety of different qualifications, training, certification and backgrounds that help support the work of our school. Each staff member brings different skill sets to our school, but the overall work remains the same: supporting all of our students to improve student achievement, success and well being.
Our educational assistants hired by our Board are also trained in a number of areas including:
– Working as part of a school team;
– Supervision of students;
– support with transitions for students
– Physical care of students;
– Health and safety of staff and students; – Behaviour management, de-escalation strategies, and developing safety plans;
– Accommodations for students with special education needs;
Our educational assistants work in different classrooms and assist with student supervision throughout the day.
Please join me in thanking our team for their ongoing hard work with all of our students.