We thank our community for working to ensure students are dropped off on time for their classes. Sometimes, delays happen. For the overall safety of our school community we do ask the following:
- If dropping off your child prior to 8:10a.m. to please ensure this is done at the child’s entry door. We ask families not to enter the school with their child(ren). The reason for this is to ensure that the only adults in our hallways are our staff for supervision purposes.
- For FDK students, drop off is at either of the two gates in the Kindergarten yard area – we ask families not to enter the yard. The reason for this is to ensure that the only adults in our FDK yard are our staff for supervision purposes.
- If you are running late and need to drop your child off at school after 8:10 a.m. you must bring your child to the office to have him/her signed in to the school. This would include times throughout the instructional day (ex. returning a child back after lunch).
- Once the child has been signed in either a staff member will be called to come pick up the child (typically only for our FDK classes, Community class or Student Support Center) or the child may walk to class by him/herself. If needed, a buddy may be called down to meet the child and walk him/her to class.
- We ask families not to walk their child to his/her classroom. The are a few reasons for this: overall supervision again by our staff, minimizing interruptions to instructional time and sometimes the child’s class is in another location in the school other than their homeroom, so we need the staff to be aware of the child being signed in.
Sometimes, we understand you need to relay information to our staff and this may be of an urgent nature. We ask that this information is communicated the following ways:
- Using the child’s agenda or communication book or,
- Leaving a voice mail message to the respective staff member or,
- letting our office staff know the information to relay if the information is needed for the staff member(s) to know right away.
We thank everyone for their support with these expectations which in turn support our safe schools policy, foster the independence we are all teaching our children and ensuring communication between the school and families occurs efficiently.