We would like to extend appreciation to all of our ECEs today. At our school, our Designated Early Childhood Educators work with teachers in the Full Day Kindergarten program. This partnership allows for a team taught program to meet the needs of our youngest learners.
Our DECEs have post-secondary diplomas or degrees in Early Childhood Education and belong to a College that supports their profession. The work they do is diverse and partly includes:
- Planning for and providing education to pupils in junior kindergarten and kindergarten.
- Observing, monitoring and assessing the development of pupils in junior kindergarten, kindergarten and extended day programs.
- Maintaining a healthy physical, emotional and social learning environment.
- Communicating with families.
- Providing supervision of and support to students in daily activities.
Please help me extend thanks to Ms. DeVries, Ms. Laverock, Ms. Fleischman, Ms. Vieira, Ms. Kenyon and Ms. Miyazaki.
Our school also thanks our Before and After Care program operators. Our Before and After Care team are also ECEs who support our students in our extended day programs. We appreciate our partnership with Mount Albert Children’s Academy.
Once again, we thank our DECEs and all the work they do at our school.