To our school community, our first school council meeting of the year is set for Thursday September 14, 2017 in room 206. An accessible elevator is available should you require one.
Those wishing to serve on the School Council as chair or co-chair, secretary, treasurer, or as an executive member may complete a School Council Nomination Form contained within the School Start-Up Package. It is expected that School Council Executive members attend all regularly scheduled School Council meetings. Please note that there are many parents and guardians who can attend School Council Meetings and who can strongly support School Council events without serving as executive members. Everyone is welcome to attend and support the work of the school.
Part of the meeting will be devoted to sharing information about the role of school councils, norms and our collective work together.
Here are some resources that I will reference :
- Our board’s School Council Policy and Procedures
- The board’s School Council Handbook
- Our board’s School Council Communication Protocol
- The board’s School Fundraising and Administration of School Funds Policy
- Parental Involvement:A resource to support the School Planning Process
I look forward to meeting parents and guardians.