This week our school is recognizing World Autism Day with a week’s focus Autism Awareness.
Students and staff will be exploring a variety of activities this week including:
- Blend together – Crayon creating day
- Together Everyone Accomplishes More – Puzzle creation
- You Got A Friend In Me – Friendship bracelets
- Involve Me and I’ll Learn – Collaborative abstract art
- Be “Uniqual” – Style your hair in a unique way, for the Good News Assembly & puzzle piece fundraiser this Friday.
We appreciate the leadership of our Primary Autism Community Class as well as our grade 3 leadership team for helping with the events this week. Their work is part of our ongoing commitment to equity and inclusive practices at our school.