We would like to extend appreciation to all of our ECEs today. At our school, our Designated Early Childhood Educators work with teachers in the Full Day Kindergarten program. This partnership allows for a team taught program to meet the needs of our youngest learners.
Our DECEs have post-secondary diplomas or degrees in Early Childhood Education and belong to a College that supports their profession. The work they do is diverse and partly includes:
- Planning for and providing education to pupils in junior kindergarten and kindergarten.
- Observing, monitoring and assessing the development of pupils in junior kindergarten, kindergarten and extended day programs.
- Maintaining a healthy physical, emotional and social learning environment.
- Communicating with families.
- Providing supervision of and support to students in daily activities.
Please help me extend thanks to Ms. DeVries, Ms. Laverock, Ms. Fleischman, Ms. Sheppard, Ms. Kenyon and Ms. Miyazaki.
Our school also thanks our Before and After Care program operators. Our Before and After Care team are also ECEs who support our students in our extended day programs. We appreciate our partnership with Mount Albert Children’s Academy under the direction of Ms. Radder.
Finally, now is a great time to announce the return of our Community partners at Ontario Early Years York North and our Early Years drop in center which begins again next Wednesday November 2nd from 9-11 a.m. The program is also run by ECEs who help introduce future Robert Munsch P.S students to our school. If you have preschool aged children please join us for Story-Stretchers next week.
Once again, we thank our ECEs and all the work they do at our school.