On the evening of October 8, 2015 we hosted our first School Council meeting and the members for this school year were determined as follows:
- Co Chairs – Elaine Hunter and Jonathan Mitchell
- Treasurer – Kristina Iantria
- Secretary – Jan Vesna
- Members at large – Will and Lisa De Villers, Janet Keall, Rhonda Pogue, Tanya Lewis, Heather Vaz, Melodie Howard, Michael Neve, Douglas Jennifer Bolton and Julie Freeman .
We wanted to thank all the parents who attended yesterday’s meeting, and we encourage everyone to consider becoming involved in School Council –you needn’t be a member of the executive council to get involved. In particular, School Council would appreciate support from interested parents on subcommittees such as fundraising.
All parents and guardians are welcome to attend meetings at any time. We have set the dates for subsequent meetings as follows:
- Thursday November 12, 2015
- Thursday December 10, 2015
- Thursday January 14, 2016
- Thursday February 11, 2016
- Thursday March 10, 2016
- Thursday April 7, 2016
- Thursday May 12, 2016
All meetings will take place in our Discovery Hub in Room 206. Meetings will take place from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Child care will be available for families. Staff are always welcome to attend as well.
Just a reminder too of our School Council’s newly created facebook page also available for communications between council and families.
We look forward to a wonderful year ahead supporting student achievement and well being.