During our board’s Safety Week, we extend our appreciation to our community partners York Region Police. This is a good time for parents to remind their children about pedestrian safety.
York Regional Police have provided the following safety tips on their website to help keep students safe on their way to and from school:
- Walk on available sidewalks
- Always cross at intersections
- Obey crossing guards
- Stop before stepping into roadways
- Be visible and indicate crossing intentions
- Look and listen for traffic in all directions
- Make eye contact with drivers
- Cross safely when the roadway is clear
- Walk … do not run or cycle across roads
- If possible use the buddy system .
For more information, visit www.yrp.ca.