We thank everyone who attended our Welcome to Kindergarten Night on May 13, 2015. We look forward to continuing to build our partnership for your child’s education. If you were unable to attend please find two handouts referenced at the evening:
Families also received a letter inviting them to day time sessions at our school. Please contact the school so we can share the date and time for your school visit. We thank everyone again, including our FDK team, for supporting with this exciting transition.
A few questions from our session:
Q – My child is nervous about September, is this normal?
A- Absolutely. Our team shared how even as adults, we sometimes feel nervous about our start up. We recommend framing the transition as positively as possible. Focus on the fun, exciting things that will be happening. Visit our school yard over the summer and take pictures. Most of all, listen. Your child may express lots over the next few months that often doesn’t need “an answer” so much as them know you are listening and their to reassure them each step of the way. Finally, should your child still feel anxiety in September, talk with us. Our team will work with you and your child to support in the transition to school. And so, you know, it is perfectly normal for parents and guardians to feel nervous too!
Q – My child naps in the afternoon. Does this happen in schools?
A- No. We recommend families use the summer to begin to transition children off of afternoon naps and towards established bedtime routines in preparation for the school day schedule.
Just a reminder…
- that families who have children currently enrolled at our school do not need to do anything with respect to registration.
- Families with children transitioning to Mount Albert P.S for grade four do not need to do anything with respect to registration as we will forward all necessary information to Mount Albert P.S.
- Families who have children not currently enrolled at our school but want their child to attend for September do need to register at our main office (ex. a JK sibling of a child already at our school).
- If you know you are moving for next year please let us know as soon as possible at our school office as it helps us in tracking our overall enrollment.
- If you know of a neighbour who just moved in with children JK-3 age please do encourage them to register at our school as soon as possible. Likewise for children of grades 4-8 age, please encourage them to register at Mount Albert P.S as soon as possible.