On August 25, 2014, we will open our school office for the first time. Now is a perfect time to also highlight the work of our Administrative Assistants at our school. Ms. White and Ms. Leitch will both work in our school office and will support our school in a number of ways, including:
– Working with our students, staff and community,
– Greeting visitors to our school,
– Managing our school’s phone lines,
– Managing our student information system,
– Monitoring and completing month end enrollment and Ministry statistical reports,
– Overseeing student attendance and safe arrivals program,
– School year opening and closing,
– Purchase requisitions and overseeing our school budget,
– working with our School Assistants,
– Logging and tracking student medication,
…and this is only a short list. With a new school, the responsibilities and duties increase even more so. A school office is always a busy place and our office staff are very important members of our school team.
I want to extend my appreciation to Ms. White who was hired in the early spring and has been working additional hours since then preparing for our school opening. I am also thankful of Ms. White’s knowledge of the Mount Albert community that has been very helpful for our transition to the new school.
This fall, please help me in welcoming Ms White and Ms. Leitch to our school team.